Evans EDU255 Wk 4, Hargadon’s post
In point 3, Steve Hargadon talks about how with this new technology, the early adopters are perhaps more crucial to the success of the venture than the creator…wow. That is a powerful and far-reaching statement; for those who yearn to be published, it is because we think we have something to share. What this gets at, is that the content created collaboratively is more important that my original intent, my message, my goals…it takes a humble person to say “hey, this may not be where I intended this to go, but it is good, maybe much better because of it…” and ride with it, being a co-collaborator and learning along with everyone else. Chris mentioned the ‘sage on the stage’ syndrome…great visual…I think sometimes that desire to share/teach is more benevolent than ego-based – and when you add the necessity of covering X content in 14 weeks for a common exam, I think teachers panic about the time necessary to co-create with their students…and feel a need to control the time element by providing more of the content. It must be incredibly difficult to ‘let go’ and assume it will happen, and be willing to face the consequences and have a plan B for when/if it doesn’t. Sort of like teaching a kid to ride a 2-wheeler, and having Bandaids handy, just in case.
In points 4 and 5, Hargadon hits on two intertwined issues – focus and purpose. Unless I can see a need and it is easily navigated/absorbed, I don’t have time for it. There is way too much info out there for me to slog through a million clicks to get where I want…or to wade through wordy posts like mine! I want my input to be quick and easy, so then I can do the arduous figuring out of who else needs to know this and why.
ITC Conf 2019
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment